Confirmation of Booking & Payment Terms
• A non-refundable deposit of £1500 is required to secure & guarantee your choice of date in the Crear diary for your Crear wedding, Crear flowers & Crear Kitchen within seven days of your booking letter being sent.
It is taken that on payment of the deposit, you agree to these Terms & Conditions which are legally binding.
• A non-refundable deposit of £500 for Caisealrag Cottage is required to book dates required.
Balance of hire
• The balance of the exclusive use hire is payable 12 working weeks prior to the date of your arrival. Should this not be received within said time scale, this may result in cancellation or postponement of Crear’s services
Your final numbers are required in writing four weeks prior to your arrival date. Please note that they can only increase from this time.
Full fixed costs
• Full fixed costs, including catering, crockery hire, wine or corkage, flowers & photography provided by Crear, will be invoiced & are payable in full 21 working days prior to your arrival date.
It is your responsibility to supply final guest numbers & menu choices prior to this date. If this is not received, you will be billed based on 100 guests. Any final balance as a result of an increase in numbers or additional services must be settled prior to your wedding taking place. Please note that your guest numbers cannot decrease 21 working days prior to your arrival date.
A security deposit of £500 is required. This will be invoiced & is payable on arrival to cover the following:
• Any damage, theft or breakages caused to the fabric or contents of Crear, by you or your guests during your visit.
• Any costs incurred by Crear arising as a direct result from you or your guests knowingly transmitting infectious diseases, for example the Norovirus.
• Any balance owed for bar services.
• Any costs incurred by Crear to dispose of items of decoration etc left & uncollected items.
The security deposit will be repaid within seven working days of your departure by the same method as originally paid, unless uplifts from Crear are outstanding.
Any costs in excess of this amount will be chargeable to your account.
GHD for Caisealrag Cottage
Good housekeeping deposit of £250 for Caisealrag Cottage is required where applicable. This will be invoiced at the same time as the full fixed costs and will be repaid within seven working days of your departure by the same method as was originally paid. Damage to the property, & damage, theft or breakages caused to the fabric or contents of Caisealrag, by you or your guests during their stay, are your responsibility & are completely chargeable to your account.
Change of dates & cancellation policy
Prior to 12 weeks before your wedding, we are happy to rearrange dates if required, for an administrative fee of £450.
If the wedding has to be cancelled, it is the sole responsibility of the Client to notify Crear and to ensure that Crear has received the notification in writing. The appropriate cancellation fees will apply as follows:
• Initial deposits are non-refundable for Crear & Caisealrag Cottage.
• Less than 12 weeks notice, prior to arrival date, of cancellation - 100% of hire charge for Crear & Caisealrag and all other full fixed costs agreed.
Notifying your Celebrant & the Registrar
All arrangements and legal matters relating to your wedding ceremony are your sole responsibility. If you are planning a last minute commitment, the Registrar requires four weeks’ notice, however this can be brought forward in exceptional circumstances.
For non-UK passport holders, please allow three months for the relevant paperwork and visas to be in place.
Deliveries & Uplifts
Deliveries in relation to your booking must take place on the day of your arrival only unless by prior arrangement. Uplifts must take place within 7 days of your departure. After this time we reserve the right to make a charge of up to £25 per day for any items left on our premises.
Please note that Crear operates a zero tolerance policy on drugs and any illegal substance. If any guest is found to be under the influence the booking will be terminated with immediate effect and the police notified.
Children & Babies
Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult while attending functions at Caisealrag Cottage. Crear staff cannot take any responsibility for minors.
Crear may have to make changes for reason of Force Majeure, meaning unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control, the consequences of which neither our suppliers nor we could avoid. Example: industrial disputes, natural disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, or similar events beyond our control. Under these circumstances, Crear will endeavour to reschedule the Client's wedding day or to source an alternative venue. Crear shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or costs, resulting from a Force Majeure event.
Crear strongly recommends that the Client seeks appropriate wedding insurance.
You are responsible for insuring any structures erected on Crear property.
You are responsible for all arrangements, confirmation, and payment, with all external suppliers directly. You are responsible for ensuring they have appropriate liability insurance in place.
You are responsible for insuring any hired structure including marquees etc.
The number of people occupying Crear House must not exceed numbers agreed. The numbers occupying Caisealrag Cottage must not exceed numbers agreed. (six guests & two dogs maximum). We reserve the right to remove person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property, or exceeding the stated occupancy. In this case, a refund will be at our discretion.
Please note that Crear will take instruction only from the person(s) booking, unless an alternative person(s) has been nominated and notified to Crear in writing.
Personal Belongings Vehicles, accessories, and contents, are left at their owners risk. Crear will not be responsible for any loss or damage, or for any injury to persons not caused through the fault of Crear.
Fireworks & Chinese Lanterns
We regret that fireworks and Chinese lanterns are not permitted unless by a professional company approved by Crear.
The governing law of the contract is the Law of Scotland
All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at 20%, and are subject to change without further notice.
IMPORTANT On payment of your deposit, you are accepting our Terms & Conditions, which are legally binding.
Food & Drink
Unless we agree otherwise, only food & drinks supplied by Crear may be consumed at your wedding. Should you wish to provide your own beverages, our standard corkage charges will apply.