For telephone enquiries please call during office hours on 01546 604515
The earliest your paperwork can be submitted is 3 months before the date of your wedding, however please do not leave it any later than 4 weeks before. Once your Marriage Notices are submitted & processed a Marriage Schedule is produced. This is the document you sign as part of the marriage ceremony.
If you are having a civil marriage then the registrars will bring the paperwork with them on the day. If you are having a religious marriage then you are required to collect the paperwork in person during office hours from Lochgilphead.
• Both parties have to complete a Marriage Notice Form (M10)
• Both parties have to submit their birth certificates (originals & translations if needed)
• If you have been married before then you have to submit either divorce papers or a death certificate (again originals, not photocopies & translations if required)
• If submitting a foreign divorce paper a question sheet regarding foreign divorces has to be completed.
• Full names & addresses of your two witnesses who must be over 16 years of age
• Copies of passports to verify nationality
• A utility bill to show proof of residence (2 if living at different addresses)
• The appropriate payment
Your paperwork can be mailed recorded or registered post directly & your documents will be returned the same way.
Lochgilphead Service Point
1A Manse Brae